The commitment of the University of Illinois to the most fundamental principles of academic freedom, equality of opportunity, and human dignity requires that decisions involving students and employees be based on individual merit and be free from invidious discrimination in all its forms. It is the policy of the University of Illinois not to engage in discrimination or harassment against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, unfavorable discharge from the military, or status as disabled veteran or a veteran of the Vietnam era and to comply with all federal and state nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, orders, and regulations. This nondiscrimination policy applies to admissions, employment, access to and treatment in the University programs and activities. Complaints of invidious discrimination prohibited by University policy are to be resolved within existing University procedures.
WUIS-WIPA EEO Public File Report Annually on August 1, the FCC requires that WUIS-WIPA post on-line and in our public file the following information:
- A list of all full-time vacancies filled by the station's employment unit during the preceding year, identified by job title;
- For each such vacancy, the recruitment source(s) utilized to fill the vacancy, identified by name, address, contact person and telephone number;
- For each such vacancy, any organization(s) that distributes information about employment opportunities to job-seekers or refers job-seekers to employers, that was notified, upon request, of employment opportunities and was utilized to fill the vacancy, identified by name, address, contact person and telephone number;
- The recruitment source that referred the person hired for each full-time vacancy during the preceding year;
- Data reflecting the total number of persons interviewed for full-time vacancies during the preceding year;
- Data reflecting the total number of interviewees referred by each recruitment source utilized in connection with such vacancies;
- A list and brief description of the supplemental outreach initiatives undertaken during the preceding two-year period.